Closing Date: 28 September 2016
Salary: T11 (R193 428.76 – R251 079.81)
- Grade 12
- An appropriate qualification in Economic Development, Development planning, Rural Development or Project Management
- Computer Literacy
- Code B Driver’s License
- Proficient in 2 official languages of the Western Cape (read, write and speak)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good report writing skills
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- Experience in funding proposal writing and business plans development
- Project Management experience
Comprehensive Rural Development Programme
- Co-ordinate the CRDP Programme in co-operation with other spheres of government.
- Facilitate enterprise development (Co-operatives / Small Farmers / SMME’s) to enable them to participate in the main stream economy.
- Mobilisation and Identification of funding and support sources for enterprise development
- Development of business plans and funding proposals to enable enterprise development
LED Strategy implementation and development
- Contribute to the compilation, review and implementation of the Municipality’s LED Strategy
- Facilitation, Implementation, monitoring and evaluation of LED projects
Stakeholder liaison and engagement
- Work in co-operation with stakeholders (private and government) to promote job creation, job retention and enterprise development within the Cape Agulhas Municipal Area
- Co-ordinate appropriate Municipal Economic Development Forums where required and participate in local, regional and provincial economic development / rural development forums.
Communication and reporting
- Reporting writing
- Collection, maintenance and distribution of applicable statistics and information relating to economic development in the Cape Agulhas Municipal Area
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ATTACHED TO THE POST:
- Must be able to work overtime as and when required
- Work under pressure.
JOB ENQUIRIES: Ms Tracey Stone on tel: 028 425 5500
CRDP Officer / Beampte (424.81KB)
Last published 12 October 2016