Closing Date: 31 May 2016
Salary: T11 of a Grade 2 municipality (R193 428.76 - R251 079.81)
- Grade 12
- National Diploma / Degree in Communication or equivalent
- Computer Literate (MS Office suite including publisher)
- Proficient in 2 official languages of the Western Cape (read, write and speak)
- 2 years’ experience in a communication related position
- Advanced computer literacy (Graphic design software e.g. Corel Draw, Photoshop etc. and website content management)
- Photographic experience
- Practical working experience of local government and understanding the mandates of municipalities
- To build a positive image of Cape Agulhas Municipality through the facilitation of a wide spectrum of internal and external communications and corporate branding.
- Communication – ensure effective communication with all relevant stakeholders to support municipality objectives.
- Management of media – implement and maintain good media relations to promote the image of the Municipality and ensure that the community is well informed.
- Website and social media platforms – administrate the content of the municipal website and social media platforms as the primary communications tool of the Municipality (excluding technical work on the website such as web design).
- Professional services / events / marketing and branding – ensure effective service delivery within the office through media relations and corporate identity and branding.
- Administration functions – ensure effective and efficient administration of the communication function.
Special conditions attached to the post:
Advertisement Communication Officer / Kommunikasie Beampte: MB006 (366.5KB)
Last published 14 September 2016
- Must be able to work overtime as and when required
- Work under pressure