Closing Date: 07 September 2018
Salary: A sitting fee payable in terms of the National Treasury fee structure will be applicable
Applications are hereby invited from suitable candidates to be appointed as a member of the Cape Agulhas Audit Committee for a period of three years.
In terms of the Municipal Finance Management Act, 2003 and the Audit Committee Charter adopted by Council, the Audit Committee should meet as often as is required to perform its functions, but at least four times a year, and must, amongst other tasks, advise Council and senior management on -
1. Financial control and internal audits
2. Risk management
3. Accounting policies
4. The adequacy, reliability and accuracy of financial reporting and information
5. Performance management
6. Effective governance
7. Compliance with the MFMA, the Annual Division of Revenue Act and any other applicable legislation
8. Performance evaluation
9. Any other issues referred to the Committee by the Municipal Council
The Audit Committee further reviews the Council’s annual financial statements, responds to issues raised in the Auditor-General’s annual audit report and perform other functions commissioned by Council. The Audit Committee also carries out the functions of a Performance Audit Committee.
To qualify as a member, a person should be financially literate and available to attend Committee meetings and meetings with the Council, portfolio committees, officials and other persons during office hours.
Candidates should have one or more of the following competencies (experience in a municipal environment will be an added bonus):
• Legal (Must have a legal background and preferably practiced in the legal profession)
• Financial (Qualified as a Chartered Accountant)
• Risk Management (Appropriate qualifications and experience)
• Performance Management (Appropriate qualifications and experience)
• Community Understanding (Have experience in community involvement)
Proof of qualifications and experience must be provided with applications and substantiated.
A sitting fee payable in terms of the National Treasury fee structure will be applicable.
Applications must be submitted to the head of Internal Audit in writing, describing the suitability of the applicant for appointment in the position, based on the qualifications required and the contribution that the applicant can make towards the exercising of the functions of the Audit Committee and accompanied by a copy of the curriculum vitae of the applicant.
Closing date: Friday, 7 September 2018, at 16:00
Enquiries may be directed to the head of Internal Audit, Mr Blackie Swart, during office hours at telephone number 028 425 5558, Cell 082 319 1564 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
APPLICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT OF AUDIT COMMITTEE MEMBER (239.29KB) Last published 17 September 2018